Tuesday, April 8, 2008

This Friday, April 11, 2008


This Friday, I will face the second most difficult thing I've had to face in my lifetime. At 1:30 p.m., my daughter, buried August 1, 1994, will be disinterred. With a small group of her family, we will pay our respects as her body is taken from the ground that swallowed her, and we will have her cremated to bring her home. It's something I've wanted to do for 13 long years. I'm ready now. I am scared, admittedly. But I know it's the right thing for me to do. I have a butsudan to hold her ashes, and of course, my heart will continue to hold her memory.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

OMG OMG OMG!!! Chey's going home with Mommy! Jo, if you want my presence, just ask. It would be an honor, but I will not intrude. This is sacred!

Peace and Grace!

Kara Chipoletti Jones of GriefAndCreativity dot com said...

I had no idea you were getting ready to do this, Jo. My whole heart to you and I'll be sending you lots and lots of distance Reiki all week -- but especially on Friday.
xox
k-

Becoming...

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
The soul still sings in the darkness telling of the beauty she found there; and daring us not to think that because she passed through such tortures of anguish, doubt, dread, and horror, as has been said, she ran any the more danger of being lost in the night. Nay, in the darkness did she, rather, find herself.

--St. John, Dark Night of the Soul


Follow me on Facebook