Thursday, September 23, 2010

October is Infant and Child Death Awareness Month



We invite you to join the MISS Foundation in our 1st official

Barefoot Walkabout to Remember (tm)
as we walk for and with our children...

This is a profoundly meaningful practice of mindfulness-based grieving which I discovered a few years ago. It has since taught me more about my self in the world, and in relationship to my dead daughter, parents, and friends than I could have ever imagined.

Please, see here for more information and join us...




Special gratitude to Kara and Hawk Jones for the amazing artwork,
as we do, every day, walk for and with them...

No comments:

Becoming...

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
The soul still sings in the darkness telling of the beauty she found there; and daring us not to think that because she passed through such tortures of anguish, doubt, dread, and horror, as has been said, she ran any the more danger of being lost in the night. Nay, in the darkness did she, rather, find herself.

--St. John, Dark Night of the Soul


Follow me on Facebook