Friday, September 7, 2012

A grieving mama and her spicy monkey


It's a rare occasion when I admire a celebrity.

Today is one of those days.  Pop star Taylor Swift wrote a beautiful song for our beloved Maya Thompson's spicy monkey, Ronan Sean, called "Ronan." The song is absolutely breathtaking. And not every celebrity is courageous enough to talk about the death of a baby or young child. Simply, it's a topic that most will avoid...

Maya is the same grieving mother I wrote about back in March when my rant about the DSM went viral. Since Ronan's death, Maya has endured 16 months of agony, and has put her grief into action helping to build an infrastructure that will fight neuroblastoma and provide grief support to families in the process of this nightmare.

All the proceeds go toward helping families whose children have cancer. So, please, spend the $1.00 on iTunes and download the gorgeous song, Ronan, and help us to help families.







2 comments:

Amy said...

My husband and I totally lost it after this song ended and Ronan's face appeared on the big screen. My heart ached for his Mom. I ached from my Liam spot. Then ached for the living baby I have hoping he will grow into a big healthy boy. My heart broke open with love, missing, grief and more love. Such a beautiful song. Remembering Ronan and all our little ones gone too soon.

Bug Family said...

Dear Joanne and to Maya,

I too wept. And wept some more, crying, and screaming inside for the pain we all endure for our children gone to soon.

Agree this song is absolutely breathtaking, moving, and just beautiful. Taylor Swift is awesome and what an honorary treasure to have a song for beautiful Ronan that will go on to help others. I'm so very sorry for your loss. I too miss my baby boy and his beautiful, perfect hazel eyes.

As with all of the children gone too soon, Ronan will always have a special place in my heart.

Becoming...

""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
The soul still sings in the darkness telling of the beauty she found there; and daring us not to think that because she passed through such tortures of anguish, doubt, dread, and horror, as has been said, she ran any the more danger of being lost in the night. Nay, in the darkness did she, rather, find herself.

--St. John, Dark Night of the Soul


Follow me on Facebook